Patrizia Benedetti, PhD
Patrizia owns extensive knowledge in all aspects and interfaces along the investment-funds value chain within different fund domiciles, from the products’ structuring and launching, to their merger and liquidation.
She is used to provide her expertise and support also to Management Companies in their activities and tasks along the traditional and alternative products value-chain, to advise key clients and their advisors and to participate as a speaker at conferences, panels, and other public events.
Back in 2012 she was responsible for developing and launching the first actively managed equity ETFs in Europe and Switzerland. In her last role Patrizia was, among others, responsible for the conceptual development and implementation of a fully integrated fund data management process (platform).
In her position at AvelaLaw Patrizia primarily focuses on general business development.
- Head of Business Development, AvelaLaw AG, Zürich, since April 2023
- Executive Director Senior Platform Manager, Bank Julius Baer & Co. Ltd. (Zurich)
- Executive Director Product Management and Development, GAM Investment Management (Switzerland) AG, Zurich
- Co-Founding Partner and Board Member, Balius Asset Management AG, Zurich
- Quantitative Analyst and Project Manager, BT&T Asset Management AG, Zurich
- Scientist, Max-Planck-Institut für Intelligente Systeme, Stuttgart
- Not admitted to the bar
- University of Rome (Italy), Faculty of Physics, 1989–1994, Master in Physics
- Max Planck Institute for Solid State Physics and University of Stuttgart (Germany),1994–1998, Doctorate in Physics (Dr. rer. nat.)