Rolf Aeberhard, lic.iur. HSG
As a Founding Partner of AvelaLaw, Rolf brings in more than 25 years of experience in the financial services industry, which he has gained through various roles with leading players in insurance, asset management and banking in Switzerland, UK and Italy.
In his career, Rolf has developed into an interdisciplinary solution provider, covering the interfaces between legal & regulatory, IT & operations, sales, portfolio management and risk management. Besides his broad and in-depth knowledge about all functional processes of financial service providers, his expertise lies in value chain and outsourcing management and in the practical implementation of regulatory requirements into operational daily workflows and processes.
After many years in operations and project management, Rolf has served as an executive board member, COO, and CEO for more than 10 years with practical daily exposure towards auditors, domestic (FINMA) and international regulators.
Apart from his operational roles, he always accepted leadership in various change management processes and corporate development projects. In his last assignment before joining AvelaLaw, Rolf was successfully managing and closing a global AML / KYC project for one of Switzerland’s largest Private Banks.
- Founding Partner AvelaLaw AG, Zurich
- AML / KYC Programme Manager Project «ATLAS», Bank Julius Baer, Zurich
- CEO, GAM Investment Management (Switzerland) Ltd., Zurich
- Head Operations / COO, Swiss & Global Asset Management Ltd., Zurich
- Head Fund Administration / Data Management & Middle Office, Julius Baer Asset Management Ltd., Zurich
- Head QM Fund Distribution, Julius Baer Investment Funds Services Ltd, Zurich / Milan
- Project Manager / Corporate Development, Winterthur Insurance Group, Winterthur / Milan / London
- Not admitted to the bar
- Lic.iur. HSG (Master of Arts in Law HSG), University of St. Gallen, 1995
- International Fund Officer FA, 2011