Patrick Moser, lic.iur., LL.M.
Patrick is a Founding Partner of AvelaLaw AG and brings over 20 years of experience as a legal counsel in the Swiss and international asset management industry, with a particular focus on the structuring of all kinds of collective investment schemes, be these mutual funds or corporate structures, retail, qualified or institutional funds, UCITS, AIF, RAIF, master-feeder structures or institutional mandates, both domiciled in Switzerland and abroad and in a wide variety of asset classes, including real estate and private equity.
Patrick is a long-standing contributor in a variety of SFAMA working groups and also has a strong background in financial regulation (incl. FIDLEG/FINIG, banking and insurance law), corporate governance, regulatory matters and fund distribution, again in Switzerland and abroad.
Patrick will also be engaged in obtaining FINMA and other authorities’ licenses for financial institutions such as fund management companies, asset managers, and advisers active both in the traditional and alternative investment universe, as well as for their products including collective investment schemes, investment foundations and other investment vehicles.
- Founding Partner AvelaLaw Ltd., Zurich, since 1 June 2021
- Partner CapstoneLaw, Zurich, July 2020 to May 2021
- Head Legal Product Engineering and member of the Executive Board, GAM Investment Management (Switzerland) Ltd. (formerly Swiss & Global Asset Management Ltd., formerly Julius Baer Investment Funds Ltd.), Zurich, 2008–2020
- Senior In-house counsel, Credit Suisse Asset Management Funds, Zurich, 2005–2007
- In-house counsel, Julius Baer Investment Funds Ltd., Zurich, 2000–2005
- Board Member of various investment companies with variable capital (SICAV) domiciled in Luxembourg
- Former member of Legal & Compliance Expert Group (« FARC ») of SFAMA
- Former representative at COPTIS (Swiss Association of Real Estate Securitisation Professionals)
- Not admitted to the bar
- Swiss Fund Academy, International Fund Officer, 2011/12
- University of Zurich, Faculty of Law, 1992–95 and 1997/98, graduate law degree (lic.iur.)
- Universidad de Alicante (Spain), Faculty of Law, 1996/97, postgraduate degree « Magister Lucentinus », an LL.M. with focus on intellectual property law
- Universidad de Alicante (Spain), Faculty of Law, 1995/96, Erasmus Scholarship
- Le calcul de la valeur d’une part d’un fonds immobilier, in 24heures, 12 December 2018
- Finanzmarktrecht, Entwicklungen 2017, Reihe njus.ch, Stämpfli Verlag, Bern 2018